Manually sending an email is quick and easy from any contact record. You can Cc or Bcc any email address, as well as basic formatting, links, emojis, and more.
We will review many aspects of the quick email function in a contact record.
- Sending a basic email to your contact
- Adding a Cc and Bcc to your email
- Basic text formatting
- Adding a link to text
- Inserting an Image
- Adding an emoji
- Adding a merge field
Sending a Basic Email to Your Contact
- Once you have found and opened the Contact you would like to send an email to, find the 'Email' icon in the upper-right.
- The Email a Contact slide-out will appear on the right side of the screen. The only requirements for sending a quick Email is to add a subject and the body text. You will see the merge field for your signature is already there. Do not delete the signature field, unless you do not want your Email to auto-populate when sending.
- Once you are satisfied with the email, simply click 'Send Email', in blue at the bottom of the Email slide-out. The email should send within a few seconds and provide you with confirmation at top-right of screen.
👍 This concludes sending a basic email from a contact record.
Adding a Cc and/or Bcc to an Email
Sometimes, it's necessary to either Cc (Carbon Copy) or Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy) others when sending an email to a contact. Both are quick and easy, as long as you have the additional email addresses handy.
⚠️ 'Cc' on an email will be visible to the recipients - and if anyone 'Replies All', anyone in the To or Cc will receive the response.
⚠️ 'Bcc' on an email will hide that email from the To and Cc - the visible recipients will have no indication that anyone was Bcc'ed on the email.
- Once you have the Email a Contact slide-out visible - look to the upper-right for either the 'Cc' or 'Bcc' text. Simply click whichever you want to use, or click each of them to use both.
- Add the email address(es) to the appropriate Cc or Bcc fields.
- Complete your email and send.
👍 This concludes adding a Cc or Bcc to an email.
Basic Text Formatting
Formatting of text in an email can be helpful when pointing out specific items, adding lists or just about anything you want to stand out.Once you have the Email a Contact slide-out visible and you have started your email text. You can begin formatting. See the animated GIF below.
These are some of the text formatting options available:
- Quick update of pre-formatting options for text - Heading 1, 2, 3 and Paragraph (default)
- Bold, Italic, Strikethrough, Highlight
- Justification: Left, Center, Right
👍 This concludes basic text formatting .
Adding an embedded link to text
Adding a link to text is a clean way to describe where a link will take someone without adding long, ugly or confusing links/URLs to emails. By simply highlighting the appropriate text, clicking on the 'Link' icon and adding your web link/URL, you can create as many easy to read and follow outbound links within your email. Here's an animated GIF to demonstrate.
👍 This concludes adding embedded links to text in an email.
Adding an Inline Image to your Email
Images can be easily added to work in conjunction with your text. It's a great way to quickly add visual reference to explanations, as well as supporting images or just friendly sharing of fun or ice-breaker images.
By simply placing your cursor where you would like your image and clicking on the Image button in the email editing toolbar - you can search your computer for the image you would like to add to your email. Here's an animated GIF to demonstrate.
👍 This concludes adding an inline image to your email
Adding an Emoji to an Email
Emojis are a great way to quickly express your demeanor in an email. They have become commonplace in when requesting efforts from someone else or when requesting patience. The animated GIF below will demonstrate how to locate and add an appropriate emoji to your email.
By simply setting your cursor where you would like the emoji, then clicking on the 'emoji' button in the formatting tool bar, you can search or scroll through the available emojis and choose the one you want to add.
👍 This concludes adding an emoji to your email. 😜
Add a Merge Field to an Email
Merge fields are an easy way to pull real information from a Contact Record. Using merge fields is most helpful when creating email templates, but may also come in handy when sending a direct email.
- Once you have the Email a Contact slide-out visible, please your cursor where you would like to add a merge field. Then, click on the [...] button in the formatting toolbar.
- Choose the merge field from the list that you would like to add.
- Click to chose the appropriate merge field to add it to the email. See the animated GIF below.
👍 This concludes adding a merge field to an email