When looking at Contact or Transactions in Table View, it will display columns of data that are set by default. However, you can quickly add, remove or rearrange the order of the columns.
📽️ For a video walk-through of changing columns in Contacts, follow this link
Using the Manage Columns function will allow you to chose what data and order you want it displayed to you. Not only will this provide the data you want to see to help you find what you're looking for, but it will also give you exactly the data points you need when you use the Export function
The Manage Columns works the same way whether you are looking at Contact or Transactions. The only difference is what columns you'll be able to chose from. Functionally, there is little difference. We will start with Contacts.
- When you're looking at Contacts in the Table View - Look to the far right for the 'Manage Columns' drop-down button.
- When the drop-down appears, you will see all the available columns or data fields you can add or remove. By looking at the toggle next to each, you'll see that they are ON when blue - OFF when gray.
- To change the visibility of a column, click on the toggle. You will see it change state from ON to OFF - or - OFF to ON. Any change you make will happen instantaneously - there is no need to save or exit to see your changes. When complete, all you have to is either click the 'Manage columns' button again, or click outside of the drop-down.
- You can also re-order the visible columns. Look for the 'hamburger' icon to the left of each column or field name. Click on the column you want to move and drag it to the new position. You can move as many as you would like, one at a time. When complete, all you have to is either click the 'Manage columns' button again, or click outside of the drop-down. The animated GIF below will demonstrate changing the visibility toggle and changing the visible order of the columns.
- Additionally, in the Transactions table view, it functions the same, but with different column or field names. The animated GIF below will demonstrate changing the visibility toggle and changing the visible order of the columns.
👍 This concludes turning on and off, and reordering columns in Contacts and Transactions in table view.