Saving commonly used contact filters will save time and help you and your team with repeatable processes and check-ins.In this article, we'll review how to create a few basic contact filters, then demonstrate how to save them. However, if you would like more information on how to use filters, here are a few great resources:
To begin, go to the Contacts page by clicking 'Contacts' in the left menu group.
Follow along, or skip to any section of this article:
Create and Save a New Filter
- On the Contacts page and in the Table View (aka, list view), you'll see two buttons, 'Filters' and 'Saved Filters'.
Filters will provide you with a slide-out for creating, applying and saving one or more filters
Saved Filters will provide you with a drop-down of previously saved filters for quick use
- When we click on the 'Filters' button, a slide-out will appear on the right side of the page. Next, click on '+ Add Filter Criteria' button to add your first filter.
For this example, we will filtering for:
Contact Status is "Agent"
Tags is "Referral Partner"
- Next, we'll choose "Agent" from the list of available Contact Statuses. Then, click on the '+ Add Filter Criteria' button. This will allow us to add an additional filter.
- After clicking, we'll scroll down to 'Tags' in the drop-down and select it.
- Next, we searched for the tag, "Referral Partner", from the list of available tags. We have a few choices, we can either click 'Apply' to view all contacts that fit the filter criteria we added. Or, we can click, the 'Save Filter' button.
If we apply the filter, we can go back into the filter to save it later. This can be handy to double-check our filter provided the results we expected before saving.
- Next, we'll give our new saved filter a name. An easily identifiable name will be helpful to keep you organized as you add more saved filters over time.
Now that we've added a name for the saved filter, we will click, 'Save Filter'.
- After saving, it will return us to the Filter we just created. We'll just click the 'Apply' button to view the filtered contacts.
👍 This concludes adding and saving a contact filter for future use
Apply a Saved Filter
When ready to apply an existing saved filter, simply click the 'Saved Filters' button and choose the filter you wish to apply.
- We previously saved two filters, as you'll see in the image below. First, you'll see the filter's name in bold, then a preview of the filter criteria to help you quickly find the filter you're looking for.
- Next, we'll click on the filter we want to apply. In this case, we'll chose the filter, "House Hunting - Benji". This saved filter has following filter criteria:
Status is "House Hunting"
Assignee is "Benji Thornburg"
- At any point, clicking on the 'Filters' button will allow editing the filter to either add, edit or remove filter criteria. This will not edit the saved filter, so you can feel comfortable editing the filter.
- When you're ready to remove any currently applied filters, simply click the 'Clear All' button. This will clear any applied filter criteria.
👍 This concludes searching for and applying a previously saved filter
Managing Saved Filters
Removing a previously saved filter is easy and straightforward. Sometimes you no longer need a filter, or you have updated and saved a current filter and no longer need it. This will also provide a more digestible list of saved filters, which can be handy for longer lists of saved filters.
- Just like applying a saved filter, we'll click the 'Saved Filters' button. Then we'll move to the bottom of the drop-down and select 'Manage Saved Filters'.
- Next, a slide-out will appear on the right. To delete a saved filter, click the 'Trashcan' icon.
To apply the filter, click the 'Load' button.
👍 This concludes managing previously saved filters
👍 This concludes adding, saving and managing contact filters