Linking Related Contact to all leads/borrowers you receive from someone else is incredibly important for long term referral relationship management. It can also be used to track non-referral based relationships, like family or business partners.
⚠️ A Related Contact must exist in your database before linking them to a Contact.
We will explore two methods for linking:
Add Related Contact to an existing Contact
After opening the lead/borrower Contact you want to link to an existing Referral Contact, click on, “Connect Related Contact”
- A ‘Link A Contact’ drawer will slide-out on the right side of the screen. In the ‘Link with a contact’ field, start typing the name (first or last) to narrow your choices down. When you find the appropriate Contact to link, click on the name.
- In the ‘Choose a relationship type’ field, choose, ‘Referred By’ to link the Referral Contact. You can also use this function to link other related contacts, in addition. This feature is not limited to a single relationship or relationship type.
- When complete, click ‘Save’ (in yellow) at bottom.
- You should now see the new 'Related Contact'
- To remove a 'Related Contact', click the 'un-link' button next to the contact relationship.
👍 This concludes linking and un-linking an existing Contact
Add Referral Contact while creating a new Contact
- While adding a new contact, scroll to bottom of the ‘Create a Contact’ drawer. In the ‘Referred by’ field, start typing the name (first or last) to narrow your choices down. When you find the appropriate Referral, click it.
When complete, click ‘Save’ (in yellow) at the bottom
⚠️ When linking a 'Related Contact', it must exist already. You cannot create a contact while linking.
👍 This concludes linking a Referral Contact while creating a new Contact.