A Transaction Record will house the important details within a loan, whether pushed automatically from your LOS or created manually. From a Transaction, you can update status, details and view or add loan related contacts and decision makers.
Transactions themselves are viewed a little differently from Contacts. Rather than a full-page display of information, Transactions are summarized with the important details from either the Table View or Pipeline View. To hone in on additional information associated with the transaction, you will click to open the Transaction Details slide-out.
There are 3 easy ways to get to the transaction record you are looking for. Each link below will open a corresponding article.
We will review each of the following in this article.
- What is in a Transaction Record
- Update Transaction Status
- Edit Transaction Details
- Add Transaction Coordinator for Agent Communications
What is in a Transaction Record (Details)
- A Transaction Record is visible by starting in the Transactions section and clicking on a Transaction preview. This will trigger a slide-out with that loan's Transaction Details. You can view and edit any of the fields available.
- Nearly all sections within the slide-out are expandable to display more information. Look for the downward facing expansion arrow, as seen in the image below.
- After clicking the expansion arrow, you will see additional relevant information. In this case, we expanded the Primary details to show the Property Address associated with this transaction.
- To view more information, simply scroll down, as seen in the animated GIF below.
👍 This concludes what is in a transaction record
Update Transaction Status
A Transaction Status will not only show exactly where a loan is in the process, but will also drive automatons -or- Milestone communications. Depending upon your setup, it is most likely that your LOS will provide all the transaction updates needed and for the most part, this is completely hands-off.
However, if you do find yourself in a situation where manually changing the Transaction Status is desired, it's incredibly easy to do using one of two methods. The first is described this article describing the Pipeline View. The following will show you how to edit from within the Transaction Details.
- As in the previous section above, open your desired Transaction slide-out.
- Look for 'Transaction Status' - Click the drop-down. Then, chose the appropriate status and click 'Save' at the bottom, in blue. See animated GIF below.
Edit Transaction Details
Nearly all fields in the Transaction Detail slide-out are editable. Simply click within the field you want to update. Once complete, click 'Save' at the bottom, in blue. See animated GIF below.
⚠️ If this transaction originated from your LOS connection/integration, any changes may be overwritten by the next automatic update received.
👍 This concludes editing a transaction
Add Transaction Coordinator
Additionally, for each Agent on the Transaction, you can manually add a 'Transaction Coordinator' or 'Assistant'. To do so, simply find the either: "Buyer's Transaction Coordinator" or "Seller's Transaction Coordinator" and add that Contact to its respective field.
Your Automations will should always Cc the Transaction Coordinator in Transactional emails to the Real Estate Agent. If there is a linked contact, it will Cc them, if there is not, the email will send as normal.
👍 This concludes adding a transaction coordinator