Start here to familiarize yourself with this critical tool for communicating with leads, clients, and partners.
Drip campaigns are multi-step, automated workflows that enable you to send messages to, create tasks for, and assign tags to contacts.
Familiarizing yourself with drip campaigns is critical to your overall success with Daily AI.
When implemented properly, drip campaigns will help you increase your lead conversion rate. You can manage outreach to new leads, clients, and partners with a fraction of the effort.
Instead of individually reaching out to every lead that passes through your business, automations can handle the majority of your follow-up communications.
Daily AI automates drip campaigns with the following tools:
- SMS texts
- Video/MMS texts
- Voice drops (ringless voicemails)
- Contact tags
Follow the steps in this guide, and you’ll be ready to send out your first drip campaigns with Daily AI.
Creating Your First Drip Campaign
First, let’s get you comfortable with creating a basic drip campaign.
Setup and Message Types
- Navigate to Drip Campaigns on the app toolbar.
- Click “Add Campaign.”
- Name the campaign “New Lead from Referral Partner.”
- Ensure “Set All Delays” is selected at the top of the page.
- Create Step 1 (eg. the first touchpoint) of your campaign. Select “Message” to create your first message.
- From here, you need to set a delay. This will determine when a message is sent after a contact is added to the campaign. Use the "Delay Frequency" dropdown menu and the "Delay" field to designate when to trigger messages once you add contacts to the drip.
- Select the "Type of Message." You can choose to send a text message, media message, or voice drop.
- If you selected text message or media message, enter the message content in the field.
- If you selected media message or voice drop, click “Upload File” to attach a video or audio file from your device. You can also create and manage video/audio files directly in Daily AI Media.
Tip: Use the merge fields button to insert contact-specific information such as a lead's first name, a referral partner's first name, company name, and more.
Note: When sending a voice drop, be sure the following step has at least a 15 minute delay. Voice drops typically take 5-10 minutes to process and land in the contact’s voicemail.
Adding More Steps
- Click “Add Step” at the bottom of the page
- Repeat steps 5-7 above until you have created as many drip campaign steps as you need.
- Aside from messages, you can also create drip campaign steps to send an email, add a task, or select "Other" to assign a tag to the contact. Learn more about contact tags here.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
- If you need to make an update, click on the campaign name within the Drip Campaign main view.
Tip: When making changes to a drip, be sure to click “Update” when you are finished, or your changes will not be saved.
Warning: When sending a picture/video file as a media message, the file must be less than 600KB
Note: Delays are based on the previous step. A delay of 10 minutes on step 2 means it will send 10 minutes after step 1 is complete.
Now that you’ve set up your first drip campaign, take a look at our top tips to optimize for advanced use cases.